Would you add two drops of 10% pure Vitamin C to your moisturizer day and night? That is what Clinique is suggesting to boost radiance & brightness, smooth skin texture and to fade dark spots. It’s the American skincare brand’s latest launch called Fresh Pressed Daily Booster with Pure Vitamin C 10% and it contains the highest percentage of Vitamin C in any Clinique product.
Vitamin C is a tricky ingredient to work with. That is because the moment it is exposed to oxygen, it begins to oxidize and lose its power. It’s most powerful fresh. For this reason, Clinique chemists isolated Vitamin C powder in a sealed chamber within a lightproof vial. It’s only released into the anti-aging soothing emulsion for mixing when ready to use. Just press the button to release the pure Vitamin C, shake to mix with the soothing emulsion and add two drops to your favourite moisturizer day and night. You’ll notice brighter, fresher-looking skin in a week. Age spots are reduced by 32% in 12 weeks.
Here are the key ingredients and technology:
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) restores radiance, brightness and luminosity while helping to improve the skin’s resilience.
- Molasses in the soothing emulsion helps break up existing dark spots into microscopic particles that are diffused throughout the skin.
- Mulberry Root Extract, Scutellaria Extract and Grapefruit extract work as a botanical cocktail to help skin fend against oxidative damage and prevent future discolouration.
- Salicylic Acid helps to promote cell renewal bringing fresher, smoother skin to the surface.
- Sucrose, Betaine, Algae Extract and Caffeine work as anti-irritants to help calm and soothe skin.
What’s interesting with this launch is there is a powder cleanser to accompany the booster. It’s called Clinique Fresh Pressed Renewing Powder Cleanser with Pure Vitamin C. It’s a water-activated ultra-fine powder cleanser that instantly awakens, purifies, brightens and retexturizes skin using the anti-aging power of pure Vitamin C. To use, pour the powder onto a wet hand. Add water and work into a lather. Gently massage over skin. Then leave on skin for one minute to capture the potency of pure Vitamin C. Rinse well. For skincare enthusiasts, I think the concept of a powder cleanser you mix yourself is totally fun. If you think so too, enter the contest below and you could be one of the first to try this new concept in skincare.
Clinique Fresh Pressed with pure vitamin C is available exclusively in Canada at Hudson’s Bay stores and thebay.com Here is a direct link to check out the collection and see product details: smarturl.it/k7038q